Beverages are foods made from the flowers, fruits or leaves of plants through the process of pressing and extracting, and are intended for human consumption, which can provide the necessary water and nutrients to the human body. With the increasing prominence of functional health food with health, maintenance and disease prevention effects, beverages, an indispensable part of health food, have attracted great attention. Especially health drinks, with the deepening of people’s understanding of functional health food, the demand for health drinks is also getting higher and higher. In recent years, the structure of the soft drink market has undergone obvious changes, the original highly respected carbonated beverages are gradually “fading”, and the sugar-free beverages represented by tea beverages are rapidly rising and becoming the main force of the new beverage market. In foreign countries, tea drinks are the fastest growing beverages in Europe and the United States in the 1990s. Internationally known as the “new generation of beverages”, it is considered to be in line with modern people’s pursuit of natural, green consumption. As a kind of unique food, it has a long history of development in foreign countries, especially in Europe and America, and is loved by the majority of consumers. In addition to sugar, soft drink ingredients contain some ingredients that are beneficial to human body, such as vitamins, minerals and proteins. Some soft drinks contain special ingredients that play different roles for the human body. Tea drinks, coffee drinks and cola drinks are all traditional hobby drinks that contain a certain amount of caffeine and have the effect of eliminating fatigue and refreshing after drinking. Ancient Russia when the production of a drink – gas, until now is still popular. There are more than 150 known recipes, including bread gas, fruit gas, flower gas, honey gas, and so on. The important role of the drink is to replenish the body with water, without which there is no life. According to physiological calculations, in general, each person loses about 2.5 liters of water per day through sweating and excretion, half of which is supplemented by drinking water and other beverages, which are mainly water. In the past two years, China’s large enterprises in the fruit and vegetable juice beverage capital investment is larger. The country’s larger Huiyuan, holding hands and other brand enterprises in the western region to invest hundreds of millions of dollars to increase the number of advanced production lines.
Current status of beverage development
1. The current situation of foreign beverage consumption. The world’s beverage consumption is increasing, especially in Europe, the United States, Japan and other countries consumption occupies the majority of world consumption. Developed countries are gradually reducing the consumption of alcoholic and synthetic beverages to the trend of natural, health and low sugar. The carbonated beverage market is gradually challenged, although the market of carbonated beverages in North America, Western Europe and Japan has been very mature, but the future prospects of carbonated beverages are not optimistic. Germans like to buy drinks that are good for their health. During the day, they are used to drinking fruit juices and soft drinks (carbonated drinks) containing multivitamins. In the evening, they like to drink some dairy drinks. The new generation of French people have changed their habits of traditional alcoholic beverages (France produces a lot of wine) to drink soft drinks, mainly non-alcoholic fruit and vegetable juices, pure water and mineral water. Americans love to drink a variety of vitamin drinks and Coca-Cola, etc. In the early morning they generally drink drinks containing vitamins, and at breakfast they drink various fresh fruit or vegetable juices (mango juice, tomato juice, carrot juice, etc.). In the office, office workers generally drink mineral water, especially ladies who go to work and prefer to drink mineral water throughout the day.
2. The current situation of beverage development in China. Beverage is one of the fastest growing industries in China’s food industry. The current development of nutrition supplement, physical fitness and intelligence, leisure and other beverages will further highlight the future potential of the beverage market. China’s total beverage production will maintain an average annual growth rate of 12% to 15% development, of which packaged drinking water still occupies the largest proportion. The development of tea drinks and protein drinks is gaining momentum, and the proportion will be increased. China’s tea beverage market started in 1993 and entered a period of rapid development in 2001. 2002, the total output of tea beverages in China was close to 3 million tons, and in 2003, it exceeded 4 million tons. As of 2005, there were nearly 40 tea beverage manufacturers in China, with more than 100 listed brands and nearly 50 product categories. At the same time, China’s tea beverage consumption market is developing at an alarming rate, with an almost annual growth rate of 30%, accounting for 20% of China’s beverage consumption market share, and has the potential to overtake carbonated beverages. With the emergence of tea beverages and the prosperity of the market, China’s tea industry will usher in a brighter future. Ready-to-use tea drinks are the biggest enemy of carbonated beverages. New generation market monitoring agency for four consecutive years, a total of six periods of monitoring data on the beverage market, through the annual comparison of the market penetration of different types of beverages found that: cola and soft drinks consumers show a trend of decline in consecutive years, although the magnitude is very small, but the status of carbonated beverages is being a strong impact. While the number of consumers of instant tea beverages is steadily increasing.
The trend of beverage
Although the development of beverages varies according to the dietary habits, dietary resources and living standards of people in different countries, with the progress of technology and international exchanges, the structure of beverages in all countries is constantly changing. Throughout the global beverage market, the current carbonated beverages have gone downhill, and consumers have turned to healthy and natural beverages, and some beverages called “new age beverages” have been pushed to the market. At present, the research and development of the following new beverage products have received widespread attention from all over the world.
1. Pure natural fruit juice drinks. This drink has the unique flavor and nutritional composition of fresh fruit, is the development trend of juice processing and consumption. China’s pure fruit juice and drinks started late (in the 1980s), the development of rapid, abundant resources, many varieties. The world’s largest sales of fruit juice is North America, Australia and Western Europe, Germany, Canada, etc.. China’s per capita consumption is relatively small, concentrated in large and medium-sized cities.
2. Complex fruit and vegetable juice drinks. In recent years, fruit and vegetable juice beverages in economically developed countries to develop faster. Japanese market fruit and vegetable juice drinks are very popular. As with other foods, fruit and vegetable juices also towards nutrition, convenience, safety, fresh direction, the future of the fruit and vegetable juice market towards concentrated juice, cloudy juice, composite juice, non-reduced juice (not from concentrate NFC), the original juice direction. North America non-reduced juice sales and reduced juice is basically the same.
3. Flower-based beverages. New flower drinks are moving to the European market. Natural flower drinks are never fertilized or sprayed with pesticides, they are unpolluted plants, picked by hand during the flower blooming period and dehydrated with high technology to ensure the integrity and original color and flavor of the flowers. The novelty and uniqueness of the floral drink and its delicious taste have made the market rate in Europe quite gratifying for the manufacturers. This kind of flower drink does not contain stimulating substances, it not only has a pleasant color and fragrance, but also has the effect of nourishing the skin, beauty and refreshing the eyes, which is especially favored by female consumers. Women are the main consumers of floral drinks in Europe. This kind of non-stimulating drink – beauty effect, so some women can hardly give up. Another important reason for the popularity of floral drinks in Europe is that the consumption of floral drinks has a preventive health effect on diseases. The special effects of flowers themselves have made the flower drink market in Europe more and more prosperous. Foreign countries have grasped the psychological desire of consumers to have a healthy body and developed flower drinks.
4. Drinks for specialuses (drinks for specialuses) Also called special needs drinks, they are drinks that adjust the composition and content of natural nutrients in drinks to suit the nutritional needs of certain special groups of people. Such drinks have the effects of nutrition, immunity, physiological function adjustment, disease prevention and aging inhibition. There are sports drinks, baby drinks, low-calorie drinks and so on. In the 1960s, Dr. Cade, director of the Kidney Electrolyte Institute of the University of Florida, found that electrolytes (sodium or potassium salts) and sugars were mixed with water in a certain ratio to make isotonic beverages with an osmotic pressure similar to that of human body fluids, which could accelerate the absorption of water by the human body. absorption. The sweeteners of low-calorie beverages are beverages formulated with low sugar or sugar substitutes (functional desserts, oligosaccharides, etc.) that produce less energy in the human body.
5. Tea drinks. Tea drinks (tea drinks) are processed from tea leaves (tea extract, tea powder, tea jelly) as raw materials and contain a certain amount of natural tea polyphenols, caffeine and other active ingredients of tea leaves. It can quench thirst, hydrate the body and provide health care. Tea beverages in the taste of blending type (tea soup, plus juice, milk, flavoring, etc.), pure tea type (medium sugar, low sugar, sugar-free). Tea is the drink of the Orient, one of the three famous beverages in the world (tea, cocoa, coffee). A large number of historical documents and recent scientific data prove that China is the homeland of tea, the world-recognized origin of the tea tree, and the country where tea was first discovered, drunk, manufactured and cultivated in the world. The 3,000-year history of Chinese tea culture can be traced back to a more distant 5,000 years ago. Tea is calorie-free, can help digestion, relieve fatigue, diuretic, and reduce swelling, etc. It is a natural beverage that meets the requirements of today’s people in pursuit of naturalness and health, and its consumption continues to grow. China’s tea beverage production began in the late 1980s, the main products are tea soda, tea cola, herbal tea, etc. The early 1990s, tea beverages in Europe, is an important part of the new era of beverage, this natural health drinks, suitable for modern consumers advocate natural, pay attention to the psychology of health.
6. mineral water, bottled drinking water. Rapid industrial development, rapid population growth, industrial tap water to varying degrees by chemical synthetics, toxic and harmful substances contaminated. Through high-tech production of bottled water, natural mineral water to eliminate some harmful substances in the water, some odor. More and more studies have concluded that minerals have health effects and nutritional value to the human body as much as vitamins. The United States of America on the relationship between water quality and cardiovascular morbidity did a survey, the softer the water quality, high blood pressure arteriosclerosis disease mortality rate. The efficacy of mineral water is generally unmatched by beverages. The first major function of mineral water is to replenish water, the second major function is to provide the body with a large number of mineral elements. As mineral elements play an important role in the physiological functions of the human body, the lack of the human organism will malfunction, leading to disease, such as iron deficiency often causes iron deficiency anemia, lack of iodine will suffer from goiter, lack of zinc, copper, manganese and other trace elements will cause the body’s metabolism is not normal. And mineral water is a good source of replenishment of the mineral elements needed in the body.
7. Vegetable protein drinks (vegetable protein drinks). This drink is made of protein-rich plant fruits (walnut, ginkgo, coconut, etc.), seeds (soybeans, peanuts), nuts (almonds, peach kernels, etc.) as raw materials, and water in a certain proportion of grinding, filtering, blending and making a milky drink containing a certain amount of protein. This beverage contains proteins, amino acids, vitamins, unsaturated fatty acids and bioactive substances that are essential for human body.
China’s beverage development direction
With the development of the economy, the consumption level of beverages in China has increased year by year, and the overall requirements for soft drinks are “four, three low, two high, nothing”. Four: diversification of varieties, easy consumption, nutrition and health care, practical consumption; three low: low fat, low sugar, low cholesterol; two high: high protein, high dietary fiber; nothing: no additives (preservatives, flavors, artificial colors, etc.). In the face of China’s accession to the WTO and the current situation of global economic integration, we should make full use of and develop the advantages of the abundant agricultural resources available in China, follow the development direction of natural, nutritious and back to nature, and vigorously develop marketable brand products. Forecast: the impact of carbonated beverages is large, and actively develop natural fruit and vegetable juices, plant protein drinks, compound brand products and other natural health drinks. Functional, sports drinks are developing rapidly and have a lot of room for development. As living standards continue to improve, is no longer the era of three refined water (fragrance, sugar, wine), replaced by a number of nutritional health drinks, fiber drinks, low-calorie drinks, tea drinks, fruit and vegetable juice drinks. The general trend: from low-grade to high-grade, from synthetic to natural, from hobby to health care, with low nutrition to the direction of high nutrition.
If you are planning to build your own beverage bottling factory, you can contact us to get free quote.